A webinar is an online event that is hosted by an organization/company and broadcast to a select group of individuals through their computers via the Internet. (A webinar is sometimes also referred to as a “webcast”, “online event” or “web seminar”.)
A webinar allows a speaker from the hosting organization/company to share PowerPoint presentations, videos, web pages or other multimedia content with audiences that can be located anywhere.
Webinars typically have audio and visual components. The visual component of a webinar is shared through a web conferencing tool or Internet browser. The audio portion of a webinar is usually broadcast through the audience’s computers (through speakers and media players) or through the telephone.
A webinar also allows the hosting organization/company to interact with an audience. The audience can ask the speaker or moderator (who is leading the webinar) questions in real-time through an instant messaging tool or e-mail.
What are the benefits of a webinar?
So, now you know what webinars are. But why do you need webinars?
Here are the main reasons you should host a webinar:
- First of all, they help you build a list. Every registered person is a new contact in your database.
- Online seminars establish you as an expert, a trustworthy and reliable source of information in your industry. They allow you to share your expertise with your target market. You can personally provide solutions to their problems, which can clear their doubts over your product.
- If you record your webinars, they will serve you as valuable content you can share with your audience later.
- By registering, people are demonstrating an interest in what you are offering – they become qualified leads, making it easier to nurture and convert them.
- They can help you train and onboard new employees in a ‘fun’ way – it’s always better to explain important issues by talking, not writing long-form text.
- Every web seminar you run gives you many branding opportunities. With webinars, you build brand awareness and set the brand voice.
Related: How to succeed in online learning
How to run a webinar & webinar best practice
If you’re wondering how to start creating webinars, here are a few webinar tips, and steps you need to take.
- Choose the right topic, title, and format
First of all, think of what the purpose of your webinar will be.
Is it to generate leads, grow your list, sell a product, or onboard new users?
Then, decide on the topic. What is the most important knowledge you can share with people in an hour or so? If you’re looking for inspiration for your webinar’s content, you can run through your other content’s stats to see what drives traffic to your site, and what your audience is the most interested in. This step will definitely ensure a higher engagement.
When you’ve decided on the topic, choose a format that would suit your webinar’s needs.
- Choose the presenters & team
When preparing for a webinar, you’ll need to pick a qualified presenter. It should be a person who’s knowledgeable on the subject, not afraid of public speaking and answering tough questions, has good charisma, and is at least a bit immune to stress. Of course, your web seminar can have more than one presenter.
Then, you can choose an assistant, who could admin the chat and possibly answer some of the audience’s questions while the speaker continues with their presentation.
After you’ve found the perfect people who will create the webinar’s content, you can also ask someone (or a few people) to take care of the technical side of your web seminar (make sure the Internet connection is strong and that you can be heard and, if required, seen)
- Plan out the content
Planning is crucial If you want to construct an online seminar that’s engaging from start to finish.
Webinars that involve the presenters running through subjects in chaos and stumbling aren’t the best and most memorable. If you plan your webinar right, it should deliver on your promise, and have the perfect amount of content for your audience to absorb.
Good News for you!
Indepth Research Institute has organized a webinar, where attendees we’ll explore lessons learned from Implementing Machine Learning in PowerBI.
Title – Implementing Machine Learning in PowerBI
Date – November 14th, 2020 1 PM EAT
Link – https://forms.gle/qhXYfFpvH7qVRe5A9
In this webinar, we will show you how to perform machine learning tasks using fewer codes Python library called Pycaret in PowerBI. The case study will be modeling the employees’ churn (quit) situation. At the end of this webinar, you will have a full understanding of what is supervised machine learning with several real-life applications, you will be able to build a machine learning model which can be used to predict the employees who are most likely to leave your company and different approaches you can do to retain them.
For any enquiries, feel free to engage us at [email protected] or contact us on (+254) 715 077 817 or +250 789 621 067